Life out if balance?


My oh my oh my!

What is going on?

If you listen to the news or talk to others much you understand the world seems to be falling apart.

Guess what...maybe it is!

You know as well as I.

But one thing I know for sure is there are many angry, lost, desperate people out there completely detached from their spirit.

We as a humanity are at an important place in history. I have no idea why I feel this but I know it is so.

This is the time we need to reach inside and see what resides within.

I had a revelation the other day while making our latest film. We do these impromptu videos in case you haven't noticed.

Spirit led me to talk about the word abide.

Suddenly I felt overwhelmed with emotion and understood that when we are told to abide.... it isn't just about abiding in HIM....but allowing HIM to abide in us.

Not that I really know what that means, but I feel it.

It provides comfort and courage to understand everything is alright. I am able to remain in a calm, comforted space although all around me might be spinning out of control.

Perhaps if you feel like everything is falling apart it's time to do a personal check and see what the word abide means to you.




It just might make you day, or even the rest of your life easier.


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Human Spirit Still Exists

Early yesterday this morning I received a call from my Mom. She wasn't feeling very well and needed to make an appointment to see her Dr. Before this can happen there are blood tests deemed necessary prior to the visit tomorrow.

Most of you already know Southwest PA has seen record amounts of snowfall. This creates the ability to navigate streets and parking places very difficult for everyone, but especially the elderly.

I know enough to tuck the snow shovel into the car before setting out to her apartment. While the sidewalks were somewhat shoveled out, the snow was then dumped into the street. The snow plow shoved it back against the curb. Do you see where I am going with this? Correct, it is very difficult to get her from the street into the car, hence the shovel in the back seat.

After a brief time utilizing said shovel, I deemed it safe enough to cross over the curb and to the car. Of course, Mom wasn't so sure, still shaky on her feet and worried her walker might take off without her, dumping her unceremoniously into the street.

I am pleased to report all went well to and from the blood testing center. But what I am extremely happy to report is how wonderful all those stranges were we met on our journey.

Every step of the way, someone offered assistance. They were sincere, pleasant and showed genuine concern. All had positive energy and willing to share a moment with complete strangers. I really think one or two of them was somewhat disappointed we managed without them.

So, just when your think the never ending cold weather, the poor economy, or just plain negativity has taken over, do not despair. A light still shines in many, perhaps we simply forget to see it sometimes.
 
So in closing, I wish to thank those willing to come to the aid of others. I also encourage those who don't think to offer help, to put yourself in the shoes of those needing assistance. Like they say, "There but for the grace of God," ponder that.

Just think, we get to do this again tomorrow! I wonder who we will met on our way?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nora. Everyday you write about life and living it to the full. I so enjoy your posts.Yes there are those out there who are in need. Thanks so much. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I appreciate the comments. And thank you for reading my ramblings.

    ReplyDelete