Life out if balance?


My oh my oh my!

What is going on?

If you listen to the news or talk to others much you understand the world seems to be falling apart.

Guess what...maybe it is!

You know as well as I.

But one thing I know for sure is there are many angry, lost, desperate people out there completely detached from their spirit.

We as a humanity are at an important place in history. I have no idea why I feel this but I know it is so.

This is the time we need to reach inside and see what resides within.

I had a revelation the other day while making our latest film. We do these impromptu videos in case you haven't noticed.

Spirit led me to talk about the word abide.

Suddenly I felt overwhelmed with emotion and understood that when we are told to abide.... it isn't just about abiding in HIM....but allowing HIM to abide in us.

Not that I really know what that means, but I feel it.

It provides comfort and courage to understand everything is alright. I am able to remain in a calm, comforted space although all around me might be spinning out of control.

Perhaps if you feel like everything is falling apart it's time to do a personal check and see what the word abide means to you.




It just might make you day, or even the rest of your life easier.


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Be Who You Were Meant To Be!

Are you always re-inventing yourself to please others? I admit to having done it myself numerous times, fearful to just be who I was born to be. Something so simple in thought, yet extremely challenging at the same time. Why? Because we want others to like us, give us approval, support and love, therefore we attempt to be what they want, not necessarily ourselves.

We create many personalities to cope with the different demands and ego of those around us. We are many, in one; child, parent, lover, worker, friend, on and on, each with independent responsibilities and expectations, so we "create" acceptable persona's to get by, which may or may not be true to your nature. Eventually, we forget how to be ourselves, happy just to blend in and be left alone, accepting emotional reward wherever we can get it. It is my belief this is exactly what the saying, "they are beside themselves" means, no longer connected to true self.

Relationships suffer when we are not free to be, frustrations, angers grow, leading to separation and disappointment. Families fail to stay together, no longer able to deal with criticism and emotional rejection, fleeing the constant demand to be created in some other person's image.

It takes strength to stay true to yourself, requires being honest to yourself, about yourself. Pay attention how you present yourself, find how many of you there are. Listen to yourself as you talk, how you respond, feel around family and friends, co-workers. You may be surprised what you find.

Last year I became determined to become just one of me, no matter the situation. It is freeing, you learn to feed your own ego in a healthy way, life seems less complicated, connection with others becomes deeper, more genuine.


So, if you feel most of your life has been "shape shifting" then give my idea a whirl, you have nothing to lose except excess baggage. Be yourself, fearlessly. It is alright if others disapprove, it isn't your job to please them. in the first place.

4 comments:

  1. this really hit home with me. for years i tried to be the person my bf wanted me to be. when i finally stopped doing this we both found that we really didn't like each other as much as we though we did... after all we really have nothing in common!
    djh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same dilemma. My boy friend wants me to change some areas of my personality he said, but it is no longer me, when I am following him most of the time.It is true, we all have our differences, but I know that if all of us would just open our minds and love unconditionaly, everything will just work out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For years I made myself over in the image others implied necessary to accept(love) me. This left me unloving of self, depressed and with a constant feeling of failure (unlovable).

    What holds us back from being ourselves is a fear of loss. From personal experience I can tell you...the Gain out paces temporary change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been me for a long time. Why would I want to be anything else? Yes sometimes that's challenging when people don't 'get' me, but that's my path (and their loss).

    ReplyDelete