Life out if balance?


My oh my oh my!

What is going on?

If you listen to the news or talk to others much you understand the world seems to be falling apart.

Guess what...maybe it is!

You know as well as I.

But one thing I know for sure is there are many angry, lost, desperate people out there completely detached from their spirit.

We as a humanity are at an important place in history. I have no idea why I feel this but I know it is so.

This is the time we need to reach inside and see what resides within.

I had a revelation the other day while making our latest film. We do these impromptu videos in case you haven't noticed.

Spirit led me to talk about the word abide.

Suddenly I felt overwhelmed with emotion and understood that when we are told to abide.... it isn't just about abiding in HIM....but allowing HIM to abide in us.

Not that I really know what that means, but I feel it.

It provides comfort and courage to understand everything is alright. I am able to remain in a calm, comforted space although all around me might be spinning out of control.

Perhaps if you feel like everything is falling apart it's time to do a personal check and see what the word abide means to you.




It just might make you day, or even the rest of your life easier.


Monday, March 8, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday.

What is it with the start of a new week that sends shivers down some of our spines? Others get totally giddy at the thought of a brand new week and what that may bring their way. I guess I don't understand the whole idea somehow. Why can't things just be a continuation of things. What about the human condition pushes us to believe the beginning or ending of something has more power that we do?

Why do we put such expectation and pressure on just another day. How many times do we plan on starting a new diet...when....Monday! Or we are going to start/stop(fill in the blank) ...when...Monday,....always after the weekend on Monday. You name it and I will pretty much guarantee you it starts on...you guessed it....Monday.

Well this philosophy is how I have gained weight instead of loosing it. Do you know why? Because I didn't want to screw up my weekend waiting for the dreaded Monday. So I ate and drank more in anticipation of imagined suffering.

Be honest, how many of you have put off things until the miracle Monday of the future. Does that mystical Monday exist? Does it ever show up? Or will you yet again believe the Monday next week will work out better, and lack follow through?

Why do we allow any day of the week to have so much power over us? We have over the hump day, TGIF, besides dreaded Monday. Poor Tuesday and Thursday. At least Sunday gets to be special all by itself.

But, the point is...stop letting the imaginary power of the days of the week be such a driving force in your life. Live for the moment of every day with gratitude and joy. Take back control of decisions and be responsible for yourself. If you need to diet, do it. It you need a job change go for it. No matter what day of the week it may be, it is always good for positive changes to start.

I finally did start my diet, it was on a Tuesday and I feel great.

No comments:

Post a Comment