Life out if balance?


My oh my oh my!

What is going on?

If you listen to the news or talk to others much you understand the world seems to be falling apart.

Guess what...maybe it is!

You know as well as I.

But one thing I know for sure is there are many angry, lost, desperate people out there completely detached from their spirit.

We as a humanity are at an important place in history. I have no idea why I feel this but I know it is so.

This is the time we need to reach inside and see what resides within.

I had a revelation the other day while making our latest film. We do these impromptu videos in case you haven't noticed.

Spirit led me to talk about the word abide.

Suddenly I felt overwhelmed with emotion and understood that when we are told to abide.... it isn't just about abiding in HIM....but allowing HIM to abide in us.

Not that I really know what that means, but I feel it.

It provides comfort and courage to understand everything is alright. I am able to remain in a calm, comforted space although all around me might be spinning out of control.

Perhaps if you feel like everything is falling apart it's time to do a personal check and see what the word abide means to you.




It just might make you day, or even the rest of your life easier.


Thursday, January 21, 2010

Creative Passion


Finding your creative passion is one of the best methods to live a positive life. When we nurture the creative part of us, it flows within and without, surrounding us with self confidence.

Frequently we fail to find anything good about ourselves, think we have zero talent or ability to do anything of value. Many grow up in an environment of discouragement, even told they lack talent during the formative years.

Sometime it may be challenging to find your special ability, but it is in there. Perhaps you need to look outside the box, take a risk, try something new. Start with any desire and follow the path it takes you on with an open attitude.

Recognize that you only have to please yourself, not the many self-appointed critics more than willing to share their not so professional opinions.

Be yourself, express yourself freely with joy. Stop any critical thinking flowing inside your brain, whether implanted by others or self imposed.Your creative ideas do not need to meet those of others; "their" creative thoughts.

Encourage yourself and others towards a more playful, creative and joyful life. Dance, sing, act, write, design, whatever floats your boat in life and fills your soul with lightness of being.

Our family is full of talented spirits willing to accept the risk of ridicule in the arts. I am very proud of their courage to follow their creative passions.

The picture above is an example of our daughter's artistic passions for photography, one of many talents Amy possesses.

Erin, our other daughter, is an extremely talented writer and editor, creative in other areas as well.

Unashamed to promote them....please check out their links below for more info.
Amy Soich
Erin Swift

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Nora for this special message! I need to think about this all the time. I told myself that this year I am going to start pleasing my self first. Now I just need to be creative and start!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete