Life out if balance?


My oh my oh my!

What is going on?

If you listen to the news or talk to others much you understand the world seems to be falling apart.

Guess what...maybe it is!

You know as well as I.

But one thing I know for sure is there are many angry, lost, desperate people out there completely detached from their spirit.

We as a humanity are at an important place in history. I have no idea why I feel this but I know it is so.

This is the time we need to reach inside and see what resides within.

I had a revelation the other day while making our latest film. We do these impromptu videos in case you haven't noticed.

Spirit led me to talk about the word abide.

Suddenly I felt overwhelmed with emotion and understood that when we are told to abide.... it isn't just about abiding in HIM....but allowing HIM to abide in us.

Not that I really know what that means, but I feel it.

It provides comfort and courage to understand everything is alright. I am able to remain in a calm, comforted space although all around me might be spinning out of control.

Perhaps if you feel like everything is falling apart it's time to do a personal check and see what the word abide means to you.




It just might make you day, or even the rest of your life easier.


Friday, February 5, 2010

How Will You Face Today?


"I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions, and not on our circumstances. We carry the seeds of the one or the other about with us in our minds wherever we go." - Martha Washington, from The Life of Washington by Anna C. Reed, niece of a signer of the Declaration of Independence; first published in 1842 by the American Sunday-School Union, now called the American Missionary Fellowship (AMF).
 
Well, we face a "big" storm today...so the TV tells me this morning.

I always find it interesting how people react to such news. The human reaction to anything remotely close to a potential "disaster" situation brings out the best and the worst in humans. Hello people....it is a storm, not TEOTWAWKI! 

It presents a great opportunity to see exactly how well prepared you are, to take care of yourself and family. Practice makes perfect! Check and find the gaps in your ability to withstand a few days without running to the store. Review how you would stay warm, cook, provide water, sanitation, and other necessaries for getting through comfortably, should you be required to.

The most important thing you need for surviving anything is .."Attitude".....the main ingredient determining how well you and the family will manage any situation.

Run to Walmart in panic with the rest of the pack, or sit back and know things may become a minor challenge, you determine the outcome.

The way I figure....my work-out sessions for the weekend have already been planned. Look out snow....here I come!

1 comment:

  1. When it comes to a Snow Storm, I choose to see this coming snow storm like I saw them as kid with great excitement and enthusiasm. I got my camera ready and I am prepared to take beautiful pictures of the snow while other people fuss and fume about how awful it is... In the spirit of play, life is easy.....

    ReplyDelete